A FREE TEAM BONDING GAME
I have always loved Mad Libs. I’m all in on anything that makes me laugh.
Consider using MadLibs as a great icebreaker or team bonding warmup to an event.
Give each team the same MadLib(s). I’ve included three below but you can also purchase them via the MadLibs website or Amazon.
One team member is the READER. By team consensus, select the best person for the job. Who will most dramatically read your MadLib to the other teams? The READER does not tell anyone what story is about. Instead, he/she asks the other team members to give him/her words. These words are used to fill in the blank spaces in the story.
TO PLAY: READER asks each team member in turn to call out a word-an adjective or a noun or whatever the space calls for-and uses them to fill in the blank spaces in the story. Your goal as a team is to write a story that is fantastic, funny, silly, or just plain crazy-depending upon which words each team member provides.
Each team’s READER will present your team story to the rest of the group. Team members should be encouraged to participate should they be inspired to do so.
The facilitator may award the team with the best presentation as he or she sees fit.
Nothing like laughter to break the ice! Try it, you’ll like it!
TUTORIAL: If you’ve forgotten what adjectives, adverbs, nouns, and verbs are, here is a quick review:
- An ADJECTIVE describes something or somebody. Examples: Lumpy, soft, ugly, messy.
- An ADVERB tells how something is done. It modifies a verb and usually is in “ly.” Modestly, stupidly, greedily, and carefully are adverbs.
- A NOUN is the name of a person, place, or thing. Sidewalk, umbrella, bridle, bathtub, and nose are nouns.
- A VERB is an action word. Run, pitch, jump, and swim are verbs. Put the verbs in past tense if the directions say PAST TENSE. Ran, pitched, jumped, and swam are verbs in the past tense.
- A PLACE can be any sort of place: a country or city or a room for example.
- An EXCLAMATION or SILLY WORD is any sort of funny sound, gasp, grunt, or outcry, like Wow!, Ouch!, Whomp!, Ick!, and Gadzooks!
Our scavenger hunts and murder mystery games are great for team bonding!
Chief Imagination Officer & Creative Director
Haley Productions’ Games
Scavenger Hunts :: Mystery Games
Kids’ Games :: Team Bonding Games
A BBB Accredited Business with an A+ rating since 5/1/2003