Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - Vintage Murder
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
STORY: You're invited to the last wine auction the Tortellini Brothers Winery will ever hold. The historical winery, known for it's rare but excellent cabernets, is being sold due to the death of its owner, Georgio Tortellini. And it's such a crime! Literally. *We've made it a winery; you can make it whatever you want (an historical building, an estate, etc.)
THE YEAR: Any. We've set it in modern day.
SIX PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- Olive Tortellini: Georgio's eldest daughter. She wants to sell the winery and its acreage to Joe Bob Biggs, her new boyfriend. Only she can't seem to convince Carmine that her plan is a better one than selling to Gertrude Tuesday. And she can't contest the will because she'll be disinherited! So, what's a desperate girl to do?
- Toni (Antoinette) Tortellini: Georgio's youngest daughter. She'll do anything to hold onto the winery and carry on her great-grandfather's legacy. She does have a plan to make that happen — a plan she's already put into action.
- Jessie Jones: The local law (and FBI reject). She lays claim to the Tortellini Winery on behalf of her father who Georgio unjustly fired shortly before his death. She feels her father is due some sort of severance compensation after 25 years on the job and she feels he was unjustly fired. So far, Carmine, as executor, is rejecting her claim.
- Carmine Blanca: He became Georgio's driver after giving him a ride when his car broke down in the Nevada desert. Everyone but Carmine(??) was surprised when Georgio made Carmine executor of his estate and thus a millionaire (due to the 5% executor's fee).
- Joe Bob Biggs: He's a land developer who owns the acreage neighboring the winery and wants the winery's land to build a large (and need we say garish?) strip mall. He was hoping Olive would be his ace in the hole but she's proving otherwise.
- Nigel Tuesday: A lily-livered mama's boy who's often taken advantage of because of his wealth tied with his inability to say no. He's gotten himself into quite a dilemma and needs the sage of advice of his mother. Unfortunately, Gertrude is gambling in Reno right now and not answering her pages. It's making him frantic.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Rocco Rosetti: Carmine's tough guy crony who is clearly "connected".
- Dr. Jacobi: Olive's shrink who advises her and talks her through her "stressful" situations.
- Barney Schneckel: Jessie's new and enthusiastic trainee who is too much of a newbie to see that Jessie is out of line by raiding the party to investigate a murder that hasn't even happened yet. He's like a puppy dog who only wants to please. Think Barney Fife from The Andy Griffith Show.
- Zach Henry: The winery's sexy gardener and Toni's boy toy. They clearly lust after each other but do their best to keep their relationship under wraps. He is her staunchest defender.
- Dr. Jerri: Nigel's doctor and substitute mother.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED