Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - Thirst For Blood
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
Our classic Halloween theme
Alternate Title: The Mystery of Devil's Gulch
STORY: One year ago tonight, at the very stroke of midnight, under a full harvest moon, a fire broke out at the Bates Mansion situated next to the historical cemetery at the edge of town. Witnesses to the fire say they saw the mansion spontaneously combust into a terrifying ball of fire and, as it burned, they saw distraught ghostlike beings fly out of every window, wailing in terror. Today the Bates mansion still lay in ruin at the top of that hill - an eerie reminder of that tragic night and the curse that seems to hover over this town.
THE YEAR: Halloween night, any year (we like the turn of the century).
EVENT: The Annual Devil's Gulch Costume Ball.
*You can also do this one anytime of the year by changing the party to The Annual Groundhog Day Gala or The Annual Turnip Festival Gala, etc. It's a great choice for Friday the 13th!
EIGHT PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- GRACE PEABODY: Reclusive and eccentric occultist who's come out of hiding to warn Devil's Gulch that something evil is about to happen again. She'll do everything in her power to stop it.
- LESTER DANVERS: Folks around here call him "Simple Lester" because he hasn't been the same since he almost died in that awful fire last year. He seems to have a big crush on Lucy.
- LUCY CABOT: A woman who devotes too much time to her career as a writer for the "The Probe" newspaper as she searches for someone to mend her broken heart (her fiancé was lost in that tragic fire). She's hoping that man will be Peter.
- HELENA WASHINGTON: She's domineering, powerful and very much a nag to her husband, George. Oh, and Peter Parker is the bane of her existence.
- MAYOR GEORGE WASHINGTON: George is very proud of the fact that he was named after our first president and considers himself comparable to his namesake. Truth is, he needs to prove himself a man, especially with his wife.
- PETER PARKER: The wealthiest man in town with the bad boy reputation. This man always gets what he wants and he wants the Bates' property so he can build a large mall and wax museum — the first in Devil's Gulch.
- INGRID BATES: Norman Bates' alleged long-lost aunt who has come to Devil's Gulch to lay claim to the mansion.
- DR. LUDWIG VON HERRING: He investigates the unusual and the unexplained and plans to use the mansion as a center for the paranormal.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Clinton Bush: A slick and smarmy know it all running for mayor against George. He enjoys the game he's playing with George who he clearly thinks is a weak leader and forgettable sort of human being. George needs to prove him wrong.
- Penelope Parker: Peter's ex-wife. She's here to make sure she gets what's coming to her from her miserable ex-husband.
- Winston Cupp: Peter's lawyer. He can run interference for and support Peter.
- Cleo Lane: Grace's apprentice who helps her with her exorcism/séance.
- Renfield: Ludwig's enthusiastic assistant who can't do enough for his mentor.
- You can also include: Relatives of the primary suspects or of the men who died in the fire. Supporters of the Paranormal Center. Supporters of keeping the land as it is and keeping the cemetery where it stands. The owner of "The Probe", the newspaper that Lucy works for.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED