Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - Rushmore's Revenge
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
ALL FEMALE CAST. This would also be fun for an all-male cast dressed in drag. We love to make the women English or Southern.
STORY: Changes are coming to the Rushmore Beauty Academy for Women - an institution where nothing has changed in its 80-year history. Bernice Rushmore, whose family founded the school, is resigning from the Board Of Regents and withdrawing her funding. As a result, men will now be admitted to the school to increase enrollment in the hopes of keeping the school afloat. Naturally, it's all very upsetting. So we advise you to watch your back. It's difficult to tell who is friend or foe with the future of this sacred institution at stake.
THE PLACE: Rushmore Beauty Academy for Women, Staffordshire, England (England is optional; a southern state in the U.S. is another option).
THE EVENT: A social for graduating class of 1979 (Alternatives: the 1950's or modern day).
*Disclaimer: The game content outlined here does not reflect our position on any topic or issue. They are mentioned solely to give the reader and potential buyer an overview of content contained in the game to warrant a PG rating.
SIX PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- BERNICE RUSHMORE: Chairwoman of the Board of Regents. Her family founded Rushmore in 1899, but she's decided to resign from the board (and take her money with her), leaving Maude Greenfield no choice but to admit men.
- MAUDE GREENFIELD: The Chancellor of Rushmore Beauty Academy for Women. She recently decided to admit men for the first time in Rushmore's 80-year history. This has some people very upset.
- JANE DODGET: Rushmore's Dean of Students for the past seven years. A refined "lady" who abhors the thought of men attending Rushmore because females are, as everyone knows, intimidated and distracted by the opposite sex.
- OLIVIA DODGET: Jane's rather dimwitted daughter. Olivia isn't attending Rushmore by her choice but by her mother's. She dreams of becoming a roller derby queen.
- KAT OVERTON: The top student of this year's graduating class. Kat is trouble with a capital T, just ask Bernice.
- GABRIELLE STEELE: Another graduating Rushmore student. Or is she?
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Ms Prunella Prim: The Deportment, Grooming and Etiquette Mistress. She wanted the job of Dean of Students but unfortunately Maude gave this to Jane Dodget. She's adamantly against admitting men to Rushmore.
- Bitsey & Betsy Britch. Rushmore students and twins (can be fraternal; would be hilarious if they were played by 2 women that are different ages and look so totally different). They come from a very wealthy family, but their dad Brick Britch lost EVERYTHING in a stocks and bonds type scandal and is now facing indictment. Their mom, Britta went to school with Jane and Maude but they didn't like her very much. The girls hate being at the school, hate that they're poor, and blame everything on Maude and Jane because that's what their mom does.
You can cast more than one person in the roles below:
- Men who want to enroll at Rushmore Beauty Academy.
- Feminists who want to close the school because it's degrading to women.
- Protesters, both male and female, against males attending Rushmore.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED