Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - Murder at the Midnight Hour
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
STORY: Going to the chapel and we're gonna get murdered, uh, sorry, married...Hippies and wealthy snobs just don't mix! Mr. Henry Hogget and Mrs. Abigail Windsor cordially invite you to attend the midnight wedding of Jewel Opal Hogget To Roger Quinton Windsor On December 31st, 1969 (you can change the year if you want). Weddings are usually such groovy occasions. Unfortunately, this one will be the exception to the rule. This one will be deadly!
Great choice for New Year's Eve. Why? The bride and groom will tie the knot in a ceremony designed to end at the stroke of midnight (kind of a hippie thing to do, is it not?). It's do or die time now - literally - before the new year rings in.
SIX PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- Jewel Hogget: The bride and daddy's little girl. Having been raised by only her dad, she'd do anything for him.
- Roger Windsor: The snobby, whiny, mama's boy groom. A real limp noodle with a dilemma he wishes he didn't have to even think about much less act on!
- Henry Hogget: The father of the bride. First, he lost his beloved pig farm in Boar's Tush, Alabama and then he lost his wife, Pearl and has had to raise Jewel all by himself. Now he has to give his daughter's hand in marriage to this Roger fellow! What's next?
- Abigail Windsor: Roger's mommy dearest. A snobby socialite who is appalled at the thought of her son marrying a pig farming, garbage man's hippie daughter. And yet, here she is.
- Gregg Pierson, IV: Roger's best man. He's very competitive with Roger even though they've been best friends since they were boys. Whatever Roger has Gregg wants.
- Gert Doppleheimer: Henry's widowed sister and a surprise guest this evening. It may be best if you don't mention her to the family. Rumor has it she killed Jewel's mother.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Peace Onearth: Jewel's best friend and maid of honor.
- Muffy Tidwater: She's in love with Roger and she will confess her love tonight.
- Manfred: Abigail's chauffeur and manservant (she can order him around all night).
- Brownie: Roger's nanny (that's how much of a mama's boy he is!)
- Billy Joe Cyprus: The preacher man. Henry's best friend and lover of all things Leary (Tim Leary that is).
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED