Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - It's a Killer Life
Our murder mystery spoof on "It's a Wonderful Life". Perfect for Christmas but can be modified to any time of year.
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
STORY: Welcome to Bellows Falls’ annual holiday party* hosted at Martini’s Place. This is a small town community where everyone knows your name and everyone likes everyone else. For the most part. There are exceptions. Henry Putter being one of them. But surely he can’t wreak havoc at the town’s holiday celebration, can he? Oh yes. Yes he can. Trouble is coming to this party so come only if you dare. *Can be any sort of town event: The Annual Spring Extravaganza or a Halloween party or Valentine’s Day Love Fest for example.
YEAR: 1947 (although you can do it in modern day if you want)
EIGHT PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- Henry Putter, Jr: Bellows Falls’ very own gangster. A mean, vile, greedy bully who doesn't give a hoot about people or anyone other than himself. He wants to own this town, lock stock and barrel. (Don’t EVER call him Junior. He hates that.)
- George Bailey: He’s no Jimmy Stewart. Nope. Not even close. He’s a follower, not a leader. His wife is the strong one – and the love of his life. And now she’s threatening to leave him. He’ll do anything to win her back.
- Mary Bailey: George's wife, or soon to be ex-wife if she has her way. She’s sick of providing for the wet noodle. Oddly, she thinks that all women are after George, especially Violet. Why should she even care? She’s wondering what happened to her wonderful life.
- Clarese Oddbody AS2 (angel, second class): Clarese thinks she’s an angel put on this earth to save Mary. Bonus points: If she does, Clarese will get her wings - wings that she’s been waiting 293 years for.
- Harry Bailey: George's younger brother. A World War II veteran, Since returning from the war, he’s been a bodyguard and stagehand for the Clooney Sisters tours. He married Ruth just 2 months ago. We’re hoping he can come to the party tonight.
- Ruth Bailey: Harry’s ‘daddy’s girl’ wife of 2 months. Her dream is for Harry to work with her daddy at his glass factory in Buffalo so she will always live the life of luxury she deserves while staying close to daddy.
- Violet: A local girl and vixen. She wants to go to New York City to become an actress just like Veronica Lake (a glamorous femme fatale). She practices her little heart out by playing at being a temptress. She has always had a crush on “Georgie”.
- Uncle Billy: Mary’s sweet, befuddled, loyal, loving uncle. He feels responsible for and is very protective of Mary now that her dad is gone, especially because he lost the last loan payment they were supposed to make to Mr. Putter on the same day Peter had a fatal heart attack.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Ernie Bishop: Ernie is a local cab driver with a heart of gold. A good friend of George's. It breaks his heart to see George and Mary’s marriage in trouble so he’ll take on the roles of therapist and advisor to George. He’s great at giving bad advice with the best intentions.
- Bert the cop: Ernie’s best friend. He’ll have the worst theories in the world re: this mystery. Uh, he may be a cop but he ain’t necessarily a smart one.
- Almira Sessions: Putter’s harried, obsessive-compulsive secretary. She is at his beck and call. And she is in love with him. Go figure.
- Cousin Tilly and
- Cousin Eustace: Tilly and Eustace are two of George's maiden cousins. They work for Hatch Manufacturing. Tilly is a scaredy cat and Eustace is a gossip.
- Sam Wainwrong: Sam is a New York City playboy, rolling in the Benjamin’s. He's also one of George's closest friends. He's kind of a goofball. His signature line: "Hee-haw!" He was originally Mary’s boyfriend, he ended up losing her to George. But he’s a playboy now so he’s moved on to other women.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED