Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - What Happened to Sam Disney?
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
STORY: The "Lottery" Drawing and Grand Celebration. Eccentric, reclusive millionaire Sam Disney is alone in this world with his millions. So, he's come up with a plan, a way to leave his money to someone. He draws Gotham City from what he calls his lottery to bequeath his money to. All townsfolk will receive a financial gift and one lucky person will receive a briefcase containing $1,000,532.00. Great idea until things go very, very wrong!
IMPORTANT: No murders, kidnapping only. Also includes a short, 15 minute scavenger hunt to find 5 clues.
THE YEAR: Any. We've set it in modern day.
PLACE: Gotham City
EVENT: Gotham City has a mysterious benefactor. Or they did. Now he's gone missing and it's up to you to find him!
SIX PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- Sam Disney: The mysterious, eccentric millionaire (WE NEVER MEET HIM; YOU DO NOT NEED AN ACTOR TO PLAY THIS ROLE.)
- Flora Fauna: A homeless woman who do anything to get off the streets of Gotham City.
- Horace Tabbeyville: Gotham City's mayor, in for the reelection fight of his life.
- Cain Able: The cash-strapped Hollywood producer who's on the brink of becoming a Has-been in Tinseltown.
- Mamie-Eve Dempsey: A publisher and a self-proclaimed psychic. How's that for a unique combination? Oh wait, she was recently fired from her publishing job so now she's just an unemployed self-proclaimed psychic.
- Rebel McGreggor: Mamie-Eve's new boyfriend. Dare we say he's a "Rebel With A Cause" (the cause being Mamie-Eve)?
- Detective Mattie Jiggs: She'll only be called in if something evil and dangerous happens.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Biff Stifflebeam: He's running for mayor against Horace Tabbeyville. He's charming in a smarmy way, he has lots of money and he's very, very determined to win.
- Josh Lyman: Press secretary (and general advisor) for Biff Stifflebeam who is running for mayor against Horace Tabbeyville. This job is a stepping stone to bigger and more important candidates so Stifflebeam has to win.
- Georgie Gurl: Mamie's psychic assistant: Truth be told, she may be even more powerful than Mamie, even as the novice that she is. Mamie knows this and will never let her show her true power in public.
- Frances Noodle: Cain's nerdish personal assistant who is treated with no more respect than that of a slug.
- Reporter Red Gablian: He's covering this story in the hopes that it'll catch the attention of some major newspaper and get him out of this forsaken town he's forced to call home.
- Hattie: Flora's friend from the streets. She considers Flora her best friend. She is certain they know everything there is to know about each other and they always watch each other's backs on the streets. She doesn't know how she'd survive without Flora.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED