Downloadable Murder Mystery Game Script - Bordello of the Damned
A very, very fun Old West murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
STORY: Jimmy Hayward rules this down-trodden, almost forgotten town. It once thrived and prospered when folks thought gold was in them thar hills. Them thar hills contained nothing but dirt and so the town lost not only its fortune but its fame and its population. Now Deadwood is just an occasional stagecoach stopover for folks moving on to better places. And the Leland Hotel and Saloon is a haven for outlaws (like yourselves) and it houses Madam Iggy's, the best little whorehouse in the South Dakota. Consider it just another night in the old west, only this time it will more deadly than usual.
Note: You can change the name of this mystery to Dead in Deadwood AND you can have it be a dance hall & saloon instead of a bordello. The girls then become can-can girls and nickel a dance girls.
YEAR: 1880 - the Old West (OPTION: You can put this in any era you choose.)
THE PLACE: The Leland Hotel and Saloon, Deadwood, Black Hills, South Dakota
*Disclaimer: The game content outlined here does not reflect our position on any topic or issue. They are mentioned solely to give the reader and potential buyer an overview of content contained in the game to warrant a PG rating.
EIGHT PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- Jimmy Hayward: The self-absorbed type whose main concern is, "what's in it for me?" He controls, uh, we mean he runs Deadwood, The Leland and Miss Iggy's Bordello.
- Harry Hayward: A simple, kind man who is now very much on the verge of insanity. Back when folks mined for gold here in Deadwood, Harry was the only one to strike it rich by opening The Leland for the miners and their families. The questions you might be asking are what's making Harry insane and why isn't he running the Leland anymore?
- Miss Iggy: She was a fearsome religious zealot who ruled her flock with an iron ruler - until she met Jimmy at a revival meeting she was holding in town. Now she has really taken a fall from grace: She runs the bordello alongside Jimmy as his partner (gotta have a madam after all) - or at least that's what he tells her. Iggy is in love for the first time in her life - with Winking Willie Woodcuff, a customer.
- Marti: The bordello's newest girl. The boys are all excited to meet her.
- "Winking Willie" Woodcuff: An outlaw and the bordello's most frequent customer. Of all the girls and even Madame Iggy herself, he's taken a real liking to Freddie.
- Fredericka "Freddie" Fontaine: Winking Willie's favorite girl, despite what Iggy believes. Working at Iggy's was not her first choice in life but her daddy didn't leave her much of a choice when he bet her in a poker game against Jimmy and lost. Now she's part of Jimmy's stable for 2 years or her father will most certainly meet his untimely death.
- Floyd Hannibal: Jimmy's compadre and a stagecoach driver. Floyd is not only a bit dim but he's an extremely volatile man with a very short fuse. He keeps what he thinks is a tight reign on his wife, Kit. That reign is looser than he could ever imagine thanks to Jimmy.
- Kit Hannibal: Floyd's wife. She swears she isn't one of Iggy's "girls" but we all know better. Floyd is out of town a lot and a girl gets lonely after all. Besides when he is home, he won't let her have any fun. Kit is in love and it ain't with her husband.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Paris Barrows: Town gossip - she's in the saloon every night and easily keeps up with the best of the men.
- Tom Bowfeather: Provides his special moonshine liquor to Jimmy. He's also part of Jimmy's posse. Jimmy owes Sam money for the last batch of moonshine and Sam's getting impatient.
- Alice Arthur: The bordello's housekeeper. A real mother hen to the girls. She'd love it if just one customer looked her way so she tries her best to look like one of the girls despite Iggy reminding her of her place (as housekeeper).
- Experience McCoy: The town's doctor. You can call on him to declare the victims dead and to expound on the details of their deaths to your guests.
- Sam Bogart: The piano player (with a broken hand if you don't have a piano or he can't play). Sam was hired by and is completely devoted to Harry and that's why he stays in Deadwood - for his friend Harry.
- Aurora Borealis: The can-can girl who sings and dances for the Leland patrons. She's even been known to take off her clothes if you get her in a good mood. Last week Experience accused her of stealing his money pouch so Jimmy is threatening to fire her and she and Experience are feuding. (You can give her a sprained ankle if she can't dance.)
- Add as many girls to your flophouse as you want. (Your guests will be invited to be outlaws and saloon patrons.)
- A list of character names for your guests is included with this mystery as well.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED