Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - My Alma Martyr
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
STORY: Opossum State College Class of '38 celebrates their 10th year reunion tonight. The event is, however, marred by tragedy because one of their alumni, Simon Klint, recently passed away. Add to that some other strange happenings and you'd better ask yourself if you even dare attend the reunion.
YEAR: 1948 (although you can do it in modern day if you want)
EIGHT PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
SIMON KLINT: He would be attending the reunion, only he's dead. Ask Molly about it. Someone sent her his death certificate if you can believe it. (There will be additional murders during the course of the mystery.)
- MOLLY SALEM: Your former class president who's organized this reunion. Yup, she and Lana are still best friends and yup, she hates Phineas even more than she did in college.
- LANA BLUSTER: She's married to Phineas but the true love of her life used to be Frankie. We wonder how she'll feel seeing Frankie again after all these years?
- PHINEAS T. BLUSTER: Lana's husband and a big shot surgeon with an ego that's out of this world. It's okay if you don't like him much, no one else does either.
- FRANKIE McCALL: Once a bad boy, always a bad boy - the kind of bad boy women love (especially Lana). Frankie may be a bad boy but he did have one true love in his life - once a long time ago.
- GLORIA DOWD: Ah, dear desperate Gloria. A sort of man's man if you will, which is probably why she's still single. Perhaps tonight she'll get lucky in love? She'd do anything to get lucky in love.
- PEGGY GARFUNKLE: She wanted to be a famous actress. Instead she went on to become a librarian in Fargo, ND which is probably a good thing because she's a bookish, nervous and hysterical woman who's prone to panic attacks.
- CLIFF CLARENCE: He used to be the number 1 best-selling horror writer in the US. Lately he hasn't been doing so well with his book sales so he's desperate for his next big best-selling story. Perhaps tonight he'll find it.
- MILTON COVINA: He's now a psychologist. Milton was hoping to impress the darn heck out of everyone at the reunion but he will fail miserably which fills him with an uncontrollable rage against those that mock him.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Vinnie "Mr. Sell'em" Salem: Molly's husband. He LOVES selling any thing that will make a housewife's work easier so she can welcome her man home at the end of the day.
- Kitty Reagan: Frankie's date for the evening. A jealous sort so she won't like Lana one bit.
- Herman Swiggle: Milton's best friend in college. It's "Revenge of the Nerd's" 40's style.
- George: Phineas's driver whom he insists is at his and Lana's beck and call.
- Poppy Arthur: Gloria's "date" whom she insists is just a friend.
TESTIMONIAL: "New Kent StageHands goes up tomorrow night with our version of your "My Alma Martyr". Our group has done three of your murder mystery games...all successfully. Thanks for your clever story and wish us luck. Best wishes for continued success."
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED