Christmas Scavenger Hunt for Adults / Teens
Our Christmas Scavenger Hunt is Christmas mixed with a bit of Hanukkah and a bit of Kwanzaa
HOW IT WORKS:
This Christmas scavenger hunt works well for a house party if you can use your yard, your neighborhood and even your neighbors so the teams aren’t falling over each other trying to complete the challenges. It will also work as a walking or driving hunt in your town/city. Or it can be a combination of both. So flexible!!!
Your group will be divided into teams of up to 10 people (minimum of 3 or 4 to a team). This hunt is a timed hunt broken down into 2 timed challenges: Photo Ops and Find Items (with a bonus challenge thrown in for good measure). Your teams will have 45 minutes to complete part 1. They will then report to your host/organizer to get part 2. The teams will then be given another 45 minutes to complete part 2. At the conclusion of part 2 all teams will report back to home base. OPTION: You don’t need to time each challenge section. Just give the teams this entire hunt ½ to 1 3/4 hours IN TOTAL to complete it.
The teams will have a selection of picture challenges to choose from; their goal is to take as many photos as they can for the highest number of points possible. They’ll also need to obtain specific items also worth valuable points. There’s one additional bonus challenge for them to complete. At the conclusion of the hunt, the teams will do a final presentation – we provide 2 different Holiday-themed projects to choose from. THE WINNING TEAM will have had the most fun as a team while collecting the most points.
Most of the challenges are centered around Christmas but we’ve also included some Hanukkah and Kwanzaa challenges.
- Take a photo of at least 4 team members jumping for joy. Your photo must capture only their legs and feet and there must be some sort of holiday decoration in the shot to give it a holiday flair. VALUE: 100 POINTS
- Interpretive photo – You’ll create a photo using your team members that pictorially represents items or sayings we’ve provided. Two examples:
- These are a few of my favorite things
- There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. – Edith Wharton
- Some examples of Kwanzaa and Hanukkah in our find items list: a Zawadi (gifts) and a dreidel.
NUMBER OF TEAMS or PARTICIPANTS: Unlimited number of teams with a minimum of 3 or 4 to a maximum of 10 people per team. You can do this hunt with 1 team racing against the clock to as many as you can handle. We do recommend one facilitator/helper for every 2-3 teams to keep things running smoothly, especially when you grade team efforts and tally up completed challenges.
AGE RANGE: Age 14* to adult (*If you have any questions about this hunt being suitable for your children, please contact us.)
LENGTH OF THE HUNT: 2 to 4 hours, depending on the size of your group*: 5 minutes for opening instructions and team organization; a minimum of 1 1/2 hours for the scavenger hunt and about 1/2 hour or more for the grading, (optional) team presentations and awards presentation. *The more teams you have, the more time it will take. Also if you’re driving to various locations instead of just walking, you’ll need to add in time.
PRE-HUNT PREP TIME: For up to 6 teams, you can put our scavenger hunts together in about 4 – 6 hours (includes shopping for supplies, reading the scavenger hunt and prepping the materials); as you add teams, you’ll need to add time to the pre-hunt prep. You mostly need to print (and perhaps edit) the documents included with the kit, pack the collection bags and you’ll need to get team prizes and other inexpensive supplies like clipboards and pens. Our facilitator guide provides a supply checklist for you.
THIS CHRISTMAS SCAVENGER HUNT KIT INCLUDES:
Friendly, helpful email support from the game designer – really!
- The scavenger hunt
- The rules of the game
- Step by step, easy to follow organizer instructions that will guide you through this hunt from start to finish
- Supply list
- Team grading checklist
- Team name badges
- Team ID table tents
- Award certificates
- Scavenger hunt invitation
- Our 16-page guide to designing a location to location riddle hunt for your city or town. We’ll also include access to our 5 social media-themed bonus challenges (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube challenges).
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to provide collection bags – any sort of carry all will work, digital cameras (or smart phones) and other small cost items (like pens and clipboards) for this hunt.