Downloadable Murder Mystery Script - The Demise of the Downhome Dealers
A very, very fun murder mystery game for parties, fundraisers, corporate team building and other events
STORY: Major Country and Western stars Dixie Diver and the Downhome Dealers have come home to Mossy Bottom, Texas for a special concert and to announce the signing of their new contract with Belle Buford and Good Ole Boys Records. NO SINGING REQUIRED (UNLESS YOU WANT TO). We do include some custom song spoofs with this game.
THE YEAR: You can put this in any era you choose. Keep it in modern day or have it take place in the early 1940's (Depression era) - think "O Brother, Where Art Thou", the movie starring George Clooney.
EIGHT PRIMARY SUSPECTS:
- DIXIE DIVER: The lead singer. She's talented and beautiful and wants the world to revolve around her. She did something last night that most of the band members aren't gonna like.
- DAVE DIVER: Dixie's brother and fellow band member. He's been pressing her to be the "Donny and Marie" of the new millennium with him, much to her embarrassment. He'd give up the band in a heartbeat if she'd only agree to his plan.
- DAN DAWSON: Dan plays the guitar and sings. He is a moody, arrogant bad boy through and through.
- DICK DELANEY: Another band member. Not the smartest cowboy. Okay, he's slow and stupid. He's also madly in love with Dixie but it's entirely unrequited.
- BELLE BUFORD: She works for Good Ole Boys Records. She'd still be selling vacuum cleaners door to door if it weren't for the band. Of course, Belle remembers it differently: The Dealers would be nowhere without her, despite their musical talent. She is sure they'll sign a new contract with Good Ole Boys. They'd better.
- MAGNOLIA RANDALL: Magnolia, since being dumped by Dan Dawson 2 months ago, has become a fledgling Hollywood agent. She's here to make Dixie an offer. Yes, it'd break up the band but it'd also be sweet revenge on Dan.
- SUE ELLEN FRUPP: Dixie's personal assistant. Nerdish, eager to please, she gives 110% to her job which she LOVES, LOVES, LOVES!
- BUBBA McCOY: The band's security man. Very tough except when it comes to Sue Ellen for whom he has a protective soft spot.
SECONDARY SUSPECTS: Remember, EVERYONE will be actively involved in this mystery because it will be their job to solve the case and because you'll be encouraging them to come in costume and in character. Use any or all of these secondary suspects if you have "extra" cast members you want to use or if you have some guests who want to take on a character but not take on the full responsibility of a primary suspect. Give them their secondary suspect instructions (included) and let them run with it. ***FOR LARGE GROUP MYSTERIES (75 OR MORE): I'd definitely suggest you cast your secondary suspects. During the mystery it will be the secondary suspects' "job" to act as general support for the primary suspects. They'll roam the room "gossiping" about the goings-in, quiet the audience down during a main action, answer questions, bring primary suspects to tables for questioning and make sure your guests have seen the physical clues that have been revealed.
- Charlie Daniels: Owner of Good Ole Boys Records.
- Otis Cochran: The Dealers' lawyer: He can run interference between the band and Belle.
- Peter Dragon: Magnolia's boss. He's here to make sure Magnolia does her job.
- Pansy Parkman: A tabloid magazine writer or TV reporter, writing an expose on the Dealers.
- Lulajean Love: Dan's "biggest fan" - a groupie that follows the band - well actually Dan - everywhere.
- OPTION: The other band members' groupies: It'd be fun to have them fight over who is the cutest, most talented, etc.
Regular version: $24.99 | Team version: $39.99
INSTANT DOWNLOAD! BUY NOW & GET YOUR PARTY STARTED
Order more than one game and get 5% off your order. Use coupon code: multiple