Looking for indoor games for kids?
Check out "The Special Ones" our whodunit mystery
for 8 - 12 year olds
This is a thrilling, action-packed mystery combined with a mini-scavenger hunt for a cast of 8 prime suspects (kids) PLUS any number of guests (these children will play detectives and work to solve the mystery) and one adult “character”.
This is a great idea for schools, youth groups and larger parties of 20 or more
GREAT VALUE!! Our mystery game/scavenger hunt includes step by step organizer instructions and supply list, the detective's evidence record (solution sheet),invitation, award certificates, COOL KIDS recognition certificate to give to all the kids for being a Special One, paper clues (for ex., a note from the bad guy), thank you notes and more. We save you hours of your valuable time & provide a high quality game the kids will love.
REVIEW: "I run a before and after school program in Toronto. I purchased The Special One's mystery game package for one of our full day events and the children absolutely loved it! They we so excited about being a part of the mystery. The instructions said the entire production would run 2 to 3 hours, but we managed to stretch it out starting at 11am, we broke for lunch and we finished around 4pm which was perfect for us. Our children range from six to ten years of age and it was a big hit with all of them! The script was easily modified to suit our group of 45 and it was very hassle-free from a planning perspective. I would definitely be interested in utilizing your services again in the future." Danielle Cameron, St. George's School Age Child Care Program, Etobicoke Ontario
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ
- You'll need to provide 8 kids willing to take part in the mystery as the primary suspects. You can also have adults play these roles as an hilarious alternative that will certainly amuse the kids.
- The rest of the kids will take on the role of detective and it will be their job to actively solve the case.
- Essentially, all the kids will have a crucial, interactive part in the mystery.
There are 2 versions of this game. You will get both versions with your purchase: The Know It All version wherein the primary suspects get the script/sequence of actions ahead of time and will know whodunit. I recommend that you give your primary suspects about 1 to 2 weeks to get familiar with the script and to prepare their character. Set a time to get together, perhaps add some food and drink to the "rehearsal", and just TALK through the script. Don't have everyone read it word for word - it won't help anyone really understand what's happening and it's pretty boring. I've always found that if you all talk through the action/sequence as your character, it helps loosen things up, the kids start finding the humor in their character and they get a better understanding of the whole picture.
Also included with purchase is the Narrator version of the game where the prime suspects just get their character descriptions ahead of time. You'll have the Simon/Simone adult character described below tell the story while your prime suspects act out what he/she is saying. In this version the suspects won't need to know whodunit. YOU WILL RECEIVE BOTH VERSIONS WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS GAME.
This will not be a stationary mystery - it will be action-packed; we get all the kids active and involved, whether they're a prime suspect or a detective.
PRE-EVENT PREP TIME: Anything and everything that can be downloaded is included with this game. You can prep the mystery in a about 2 to 3 hours. You’ll need to print programs and other such documents, shop for inexpensive, easy to find items (arts and craft supplies and some scavenger hunt items) and organize the props (clues, etc.) and supplies but it’s all very simple to do.
Dear Special Ones, You know why you’re here. The President of the United States of America asked you to be here because you’re one of the Special Ones, an elite - by “elite” we mean “cream of the crop” - group of children with very special DNA and very special skills and intelligence. The world is counting on you to save us all from Evil. So train well and train hard. And be warned and beware, wherever there’s good, there’s evil. And Camp Fredo is no exception. (The kids will need to figure out that one of them has been sent to Camp Fredo by a bad guy named Viper to stop them from saving the world from evil.)
NAME OF MISSION: Operation: Dingleberry Muffin.
CODE NAME: C.O.O.L. KIDS (Covert Operatives: Off Limits)
MEETING PLACE: Camp Fredo, a top secret training camp on the outskirts of Gotham City.
- Dare Devill: A very fearless young man willing to brave anything and do anything to save the day - or so he says. Danger is his middle name (really)!
- Lauren Little: Lauren seems to be awfully well, dim for a special one. What’s her secret?
- Gypsy Seer: She says her gift is that she can almost always predict what is about to happen. We’ll see about that, won’t we?
- Cody Frost: He can freeze people - but only people who don’t believe in his special power because, really, what’s the use of freezing people who believe in you (unless they want you to freeze them)?
- Treat “Doc” Thomas: His nickname is “Doc” because he can cure things - not everything because he’s still developing his power, but lots of things.
- Hunter Safari: An excellent tracker due to his amazing sense of direction and his amazing sense of smell. Can he track down the bad guy - or is he the bad guy?
- Stephanie Snooze: Stephanie tends to be very sleepy all the time but there’s a reason for that. She says her brain needs it.
- Gina Grump: Okay so she’s grumpy all the time. She’s argumentative and she doesn’t like to play with others or cooperate. So you might be asking, why would she be a special one if she won’t play with others and is grumpy all the time? Ask her if you dare!
- Special Ones Script KNOW IT ALL VERSION or Special Ones Script NARRATOR VERSION - you'll choose which one works best for you.
- Step by step organizer instructions and supply list (approx. 20 pages)
- The program. You’ll provide this program to all participants. It’ll be their guide by providing the basic plot of the mystery, the primary suspect list and the "rules" of the game.
- The detective’s evidence record (solution sheet).
- The invitation.
- Award certificates.
- COOL KIDS recognition certificate to give to all the kids for being a Special One
- Paper clues (for ex., a note from the bad guy).
- Thank you note template.
- Suspect name tags.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BUY? You'll need to provide a few easy to find, inexpensive items like some arts and craft supplies. We'll let you know exactly what you need to get in our handy facilitators' guide that comes with this mystery game.
REVIEW: "Thank you so much for making "The Special Ones" available out there!The game comes well prepared, so I didn't have too much prep-time to put into it.The kids had so much fun! They loved being "special ones." The parents had as much fun as the kids. They really got into their characters and costumes, and the kids loved seeing their parents act! It was easy to download your files. Your follow-up to make sure I had everything I needed was fantastic. I have two more kids, and I'll order again!" Jamie Nagaich, Seattle, WA
Order more than one game and get 5% off your order. Use coupon code: multiple
• • Subscribe to win a FREE game • •